Add columns to part of a document
- Select the text you want formatted in columns, or place your cursor where you want columns to begin.
- On the Page Layout tab, in the Page Setup group, click Columns.
- Click More Columns.
- Click the number of columns that you want.
- In the Apply to list, click Selected text or This point forward.
- To add a vertical line between the columns, click Columns again, click More Columns, and then select the Line between check box. You can also adjust the column width and spacing.
- To change the layout again further on in your document, select text or click where you want to change the layout, and then follow the same steps. For example, you can change from one column to a two-column layout, and then you can change back to the single-column layout on a later page.