What is PowerPoint?
PowerPoint 2010 is a visual and graphical application, primarily used for creating presentations. With PowerPoint, you can create, view, and present slide shows that combine text, shapes, pictures, graphs, animation, charts, videos, and much more.
Find and apply a template
PowerPoint 2010 allows you to apply built-in templates, to apply your own custom templates, and to search from a variety of templates available on Office.com. Office.com provides a wide selection of popular PowerPoint templates, including presentations and design slides.
To find a template in PowerPoint 2010, do the following:
- On the File tab, click New.
- Under Available Templates and Themes, do one of the following:
- To reuse a template that you’ve recently used, click Recent Templates, click the template that you want, and then click Create.
- To use a template that you already have installed, click My Templates, select the template that you want, and then click OK.
- To use one of the built-in templates installed with PowerPoint, click Sample Templates, click the template that you want, and then click Create.
- To find a template on Office.com, under Office.com Templates, click a template category, select the template that you want, and then click Download to download the template from Office.com to your computer
NOTE: You can also search for templates on Office.com from within PowerPoint. In the Search Office.com for templates box, type one or more search terms, and then click the arrow button to search.