In Word, you can create a TOC based on a portion of the text in a paragraph without including the whole paragraph. You can mark text by using the Lead-in Emphasis feature with heading styles to include the text in a TOC.
To insert a table of contents, follow these steps:
- Start Word, and then open your document.
- Click an empty paragraph where you want to insert the TOC.
- On the Insert menu, point to Reference, and then click Index and Tables.
Note In Microsoft Office Word 2007 or in Word 2010, click Table of Contents in the Table of Contents group on the References tab. Then, click Insert Table of Contents. Continue reading “Creating Table of Content”
Add columns to part of a document
- Select the text you want formatted in columns, or place your cursor where you want columns to begin.
- On the Page Layout tab, in the Page Setup group, click Columns.
- Click More Columns.
- Click the number of columns that you want.
- In the Apply to list, click Selected text or This point forward.
Continue reading “How to Create Newspaper Column in MS Word”
An organization chart graphically represents the management structure of an organization, such as department managers and nonmanagement employees within a company. By using a SmartArt graphic in Microsoft Office Excel 2007, Microsoft Office Outlook 2007, Microsoft Office PowerPoint 2007, or Microsoft Office Word 2007, you can create an organization chart and include it in your worksheet, presentation, or document.
To create an organization chart quickly and easily, you can type or paste text in your organization chart and then have the text automatically positioned and arranged for you. Continue reading “Create an organization chart”
To insert an equation in Word 2007 or Word 2010, please follow the steps below:
Go to the Insert tab and click Equation in the Symbols group. Here you will find several options.
a) You can choose from a built-in equation, which you can then edit to your needs.
b) You can select more equations from Office Online.
c) You can also select Insert New Equation to insert your own custom equation. Continue reading “How to insert equation in MS Word 2007 or 2010”